Wednesday, February 22, 2012

New Year - New Start

I have to be truthful, I gave up on my blog because I felt like it had zero purpose. I felt like I was writing for the sake of writing, and to MAKE people read it. It wasn't fun, it became a hassle once I went back to full-time at work, and so it got neglected.

But I have a fresh new perspective and feel really confident about this!

Instead of this being a blog about me and my daughter, I realized it needs to first and foremost be about ME! Of course I will write about Kirsten and all of those wonderful toddler milestones, but I also want it to be able my journey... as a wife, mother, child, and daughter. I am so many things in one day, I forgot what it was like to see the world through my own eyes.

As I said before, I work full-time now. I am finally at a job that I adore, and I love everyone that I work with. It is pleasant. A first for me.

But going into the new year I noticed something. I was getting insanely out of shape. Now okay, I am the SIZE jeans I want to be, but do I fit into the way I want to? The answer is no. I have horrible eating habits and I drink way too much coffee and pop. Honestly its a wonder how I don't have a huge hole in my stomach.

So it is time for a change. It will be a particularly difficult challenge, because working retail makes things 10 times harder. We never have the same schedule, fast food is everywhere, and it is hard to create a SCHEDULE! Unlike other women who can diet or exercise and build it easily into their daily routine, I have the added challenge of never knowing my schedule too far in advance.

I hope to write down my progress here. But I also hope to write down a lot of my daily life as well. And let me tell you, working retail gives you some really interesting stories!

Let's start with a week one photo....

I hope to get some definition in the arms, back and stomach. I also hope to build up my strength, because I am sure my daughter can lift more than I can at this point!


So come on this journey with me?

1 comment:

CaneWife said...

Whoo hoo! Welcome back! You look fantastic!