Wednesday, February 10, 2010

I thought babies liked toys?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I really never thought I would see the day where I wanted so badly to be able to just leave the house, and find myself so bored with watching tv and lounging in pjs all day!

We are still under lots of snow, and schools have been closed all week. Todd hasn't gone in since last Friday. It is basically a winter wonderland out there, and even though it is so pretty, I am dying for a McDonald's frappe!!!!! (do they deliver?)



On another note, I have discovered this weird phase that babies go through that parents rarely think about... the first 3 months. I spend so much time researching toys and entertainers for Kirsten, and received so many great gifts, and while pregnant I could not wait to put them together and have her use them. We have a bouncer, swing, jumperoo, play table... the list goes on and on. Even something as simple as a teddy bear! Well, the first three months are filled with baby really caring less about any of this stuff. She is far more entertained by the large black and white picture we have hanging behind the couch. I try to put her in her swing when she is awake and am met by screams. The bouncer, same thing. Play mat, do dice. UGH!

I am one who enjoys the toys far more than the children. I love seeing them play and get a thrill out of something I took so much time and effort into researching and finding THE BEST version of, and it really bums me out that I have to wait 2 more months until she really will be entertained by any of these things.

Granted... she may enjoy them sooner. And maybe she will glance at the tv when I put the Baby Einstein dvds on, but for now she is really just into eating a pooping.

Sigh.... so to any potential parents. Don't get excited over the toys just yet. Tuck them away and wait until baby is past this phase. Or else you will be met with major disappointment!

No comments: