Thursday, February 25, 2010

Soothing Sounds Giraffe

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I ordered a Soothing Sounds Giraffe last week from Gap.com because I had heard great things about the Sleep Sheep (same concept, different animal). I am obviously a sucker for anything giraffe because Kirsten's room has a giraffe theme. So I saw this soft little guy on their site and went ahead and ordered it.

It is so darn cute! And a lot bigger than I had expected. I thought it would be much smaller but was VERY pleased to see that it is big and floppy and soft!

I turned it on and tested out the different sounds. I doubt I will use the "heart beat" feature but if is an interesting idea. I heard that babies like the sound of the heart beat because it reminds them of the womb. Kirsten doesn't have trouble sleeping, and is really only fussy at night, so I didn't think something like this would really get used.

She immediately smiled at the giraffe and made sounds at it. I placed it in front of her as she sat in her chair, and she began reaching out and touching its nose! I was delighted that she found some joy in the toy, because I was worried it was yet another one of my "I'm the parent and think this is cute and my baby will love it" purchases. As a parent, we tend to have many of these. Its like the old joke... give a baby a huge present, and she'll play with the cardboard box!

Product link:
Giraffe

No comments: