Monday, May 10, 2010

Mother's Day!

On Mother's Day this year I decided to participate in the Susan G Komen Race for the Cure here in Pittsburgh. It was such a fantastic day, aside from the cold weather. There were so many people there and the walk was a ton of fun!




It was really incredible to walk with all of these women who are survivors, or families who lost a loved one or were celebrating a person who survived cancer. As we walked I read all of the signs on people's backs and was amazed by how many people are affected by cancer.

I hope to do this next year, and involve Kirsten and my mother. It was far too cold to take the baby (the original plan) but I am so happy that I did this regardless of going by myself.


the photos are from the race and me afterwards!

1 comment:

sfloyd said...

OMG!! Good for you!! The Susan G. Komen Organization is a wonderful thing! BTW...did you make your button? I would like to have one. Thanks!