Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Solids -- Take Two




The solids have been going very well, and this time I managed to get some photos! We are still on sweet potatoes, they seem to be an over-all hit! Everyone I talk to tells me that their baby loved them too in the beginning.

I keep second guessing myself, wondering if I rushed this. But then I see how she gobbles down the jar, with a big smile on her face, and I know it was the right decision for us.

Next week I think we will try a fruit, maybe pears, and see if this continues. We do have a doctor appointment next Thursday and I will address the issue further with him. However, it appears she loves it so I'll keep on this path.

I will say, the sweet potato colored poo has been interesting!!!!



For the record, Kirsten turns 4 months on Saturday!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

We started solids a week or so early too. V was ready and now she grabs the spoon and feeds it to herself! We haven't done sweet potatoes yet (I have some made though!) but I've heard the diapers are interesting!!

Alaina Frederick said...

Ahhhh the memories. I remember those first days of solids. What a mess - but aren't their little messy faces so cute!

I honestly can't remember when my oldest started wish I would have written more down or been into blogging back then!

I know with our second I exclusively breastfeed him until he was 5 months old then we started giving him pureed food that we were having that night. We also did all the regular jarred baby foods - they didn't really have organic stuff then - just four years ago.

With our youngest I exclusively breastfeed him for a year - there was a few times here and there that he had some mashed potatoes or banana but nothing major.

It's so awesome how differently we feed our kids - but yet they all turn out the same!

Keep up the great work - and thanks for sharing your journey!