Friday, March 12, 2010

A few of Kirsten favorite things

It is often asked on message board about what baby's favorite toys are at such a young age. Well, technically, nothing is really her favorite. However, there area few things that she truly enjoys and is starting to discover. Here are a few of the items we really enjoy in our house....



First is the Fisher Price Aquarium Bouncer. I did so much research while pregnant for the BEST items for my baby. A lot of people seemed to love things that were much too large for our little living area, so I wanted something practical and easy to fold up for travel. I noticed this bouncer when I was looking at swings. It has a really great ocean theme, blows bubbles, and has 4 different sounds/songs that it plays. At first, Kirsten hated her bouncer. I would lay her down and only be met with thrashing and screaming. I tried to encourage her to bounce it, and pointed to the fun bubbles that made the fish move inside, and she wanted nothing to do with it! I was so heart broken! However, around 5 weeks, she started to really love the bouncer. We started off slow and now she can sit in it for up to 30 minutes entertaining herself!
Only con: The bubbles are a bit loud, and there is no volume control!




Next is our favorite stroller toy, Mortimer the Moose. I absolutely love Lamaze products, they are usually so soft and cute, but this guy really captured my interest. We hang in from the top of the car seat handle and she will bat around at him while in the car. He is a little large, and gets in her way at times, but I simply move him off to the side and out of her way. He is soft and has lots of parts to grab onto and enjoy! When we eventually use the big jogging stroller, I plan to attach him to the side so she can choose when to use him, or just leave him to enjoy the ride!





And now for the wrist rattles. These were a gift from a friend, and at first, I admit, I was super skeptical. I thought, "What baby wants things strapped to her wrists?" I got them out one day as she played on her mat, and she would move her arms all over the place and rattle. It was really cute! We also use them for music time! We play music or listen to some CDs and sing along, and I will move her arms to make the rattle go. I like moving her to the beat and she gets so excited when we make her clap and play along.
A lot of people dislike the wrist rattle, but we enjoy them. I like that it encourages her to keep her arms moving to hear to sound.





This VTech ball is absolutely amazing! It rolls by itself, plays tons of songs, and makes sounds! It encourages call and response and even makes animal sounds! It is meant to encourage crawling, something Kirsten is not ready for yet, but she LOVES looking at it while laying on the floor, or sitting in my lap. I really like that it moves on its own and asks the baby to make it move too. Anything educational and fun is okay in my book, and this ball is everything you could possibly need! And it has volume control!





And now for the BEST teether toy! Kirsten isn't teething but she is learning how to hold things, and this toy is amazing for that. The pieces are small enough for her to grab, and it rattles when she moves it. The rubber is soft and makes it easier to pick up. She is already starting to try to get it to her mouth, she just isn't strong enough yet!





Finally, the Baby Einstein Press & Play Pals. I was always a sucker for Baby Einstein products and I saw these in Target. You press them and they play classical music, and the baby can press the fins or arms to play the individual instrument. I tested it out on a two year old and she LOVES these toys in the car. I ask her to play the drums and she will press the arm with the picture of the drums. She giggles and laughs and asks specifically for the turtle. It makes a really great car seat toy to keep a child occupied and entertained!

No comments: