Monday, March 8, 2010

Happy 2 Month Birthday Kirsten

Dearest Kirsten,

Happy 2 months birthday to my sweet little girl!

It honestly feels like no time has gone by, that just yesterday we were the scared parents leaving the hospital, not sure exactly what we had just gotten ourselves into.

Honestly, Kirsten was an "oops" baby. We were engaged in January and found out about her in early May. Oops.... She wasn't apart of our plan, and I am such a planner! But after some time we really got excited. I started to do so much research and wanted to be THE BEST mommy. I got more excited the bigger I grew, and loved every moment of being pregnant. I loved carrying such a sweet bundle in my belly. I loved walking around and having people look at me, ask me questions, and feel excited for me, even if I had no idea who they were.

Time literally flew by. Before I knew it it was Christmas and our baby was nearly due. We waited and waited, I almost went insane waiting for her. 3 days after our due date, I felt the worst pains a person could endure. But looking back on it, I loved that part too. I loved knowing that nature was taking its course and I didn't have to be induced. My body was doing its job, and baby was doing her job.

Sure things didn't go anywhere near as planned. I had a c-section and failed miserably at breastfeeding. But looking at my 2 month old little girl, I know everything happened for a reason. All the stars aligned for us, and she is here, happy and healthy!

Mommy loves you Kirsten, and no one can replace that huge part of my heart that you now occupy. Even when you are screaming for what seems like no reason at all, or I go 3 days without washing my hair, I love you. I love it when I walk into your room and you immediately stop crying when you hear my voice. I love that I can make you smile and the beginning sounds of your wonderful laugh. I love that you are so funny, even when you aren't trying to be.

But most of all, I love that you are my daughter. I cannot imagine another child being able to be in your place right now. We had you for a reason, you came into our lives because you needed us and we needed you.

I cannot wait to see what the next months bring, and I will do my best not to rush you along. I will try to contain my shopping habit and put you in more comfortable clothes than things that are just too darn cute to pass up. But you have to allow me to dress you up every so often, after all, you are a girl! Thank-you for being my favorite shopping partner, and screaming in the mall before I spend way too much money.

You are my angel, and I cannot wait to see you grow into a wonderful, amazing, perfect girl.

Love, Your Mommy


4 comments:

Unknown said...

This made me tear up! Happy 2 month Birthday, sweet Kirsten!

Fina said...

So sweet! You're doing an amazing job at mommying, Erika. Nothing ever goes according to plan with kids, you just have to roll with it. I, too, failed miserably at breastfeeding. Lily was somehow only able to sleep swaddled for the first 11-months!! Never planned on that... And I'm trying soooo hard to limit the pacifier right now, with little luck. It's always an adventure, though. It's funny how someone so tiny, who can't even really communicate, can come along and become your instant best friend.

Amy said...

Was she a Magee baby?

Erika said...

Yes she was!!!!!!!!