Monday, April 5, 2010

Baby's First Easter

I have been waiting to celebrate a holiday with Kirsten since the day she was born. I was hoping and praying so badly for a Christmas baby, but my wish was never granted. Instead, she arrived late and I was forced to wait until Easter for my first major holiday with her.

The weekend started on Friday with Todd setting up an Easter egg hunt for Kirsten. We had to follow clues hidden throughout the house to a prize at the end. We went all over the house, and finally made it to the end. Hanging from a tree in the backyard was a giant Easter egg, and inside was Disney's UP on dvd!!! It was a blast!

We went to my parents house for the weekend, to celebrate with my brother, his wife, their two kids, and the rest of our family. We arrived and immediately were greeted by tons of family and friends. I don't think Kirsten has seem this many people in her entire life. We mostly hung out with the family on Saturday, and ate some pizza at my parents' house. My nephews were crazy, as usual, and it gave me a good glimpse into our future. Eli, the 1 year old, was into everything, and found endless hours of entertainment turning off tvs and turning on the computer.

My mom bought the 3 grandkids matching Easter jammies from Old Navy, and insisted that they all match. So Kirsten being the only girl was forced to wear boy jammies! She was obviously less than pleased! "But what about my pink??? My skin tone goes so well with pink and yellow!" I am sure these were all of her thoughts going through that cute little head as her Noni placed blue jammies on her freshly bathed body. We then tried to get a few photos of the kids, but it being past a few bed times, we were unsuccessful in getting one good photo of them all together. (Ethan 2 1/2, Eli 1, Kirsten 3 months)





The next morning was the big morning! Kirsten woke up after a full night of sleep (in her car seat, on the floor next to the bed where Noni was sleeping) and I immediately took her to the kitchen to see her basket. We ordered a Pottery Barn Kids Easter basket with a purple liner and her name written on it. It was perfect for all of her treats. Of course the bunny brought her a few cans of formula, that bunny, he is clever! She also got a few Gap outfits, a bathing suit from Gymboree, and books! She also got a towel, cooler, and beach bag for the summer (obviously the Easter bunny loves Pottery Barn kids)! She loved her basket, especially the formula. She insisted on me making her a bottle right away.






After the excitement of the morning it was time to go to my Aunt's house for Easter dinner. It was such a crazy house. There were so many family members, 3 kids under the age of 3, and 3 dogs!! It was chaotic to say the least, but lots of fun! We made spaghetti (homemade) and had the best dinner I have had in a long time. Eli enjoyed the spaghetti the most, I think! Again, he gave us yet another glimpse into the near future! I cannot wait for Kirsten to start eating Noni's spaghetti!




This morning, Monday, we drove home in a car loaded with lots of Easter goodies. Kirsten really made out from the bunny! I think she had a wonderful weekend with her cousins, even though a Woodie doll (from Toy Story) got tossed right at her head. She has the bruise to prove it! But she vows she will some day be able to get revenge on her cousin Eli!

We came home to one more surprise... Kirsten's new swing! Her travel swing went ka-put and it was time for a new big girl swing. This thing is AWESOME! It is the Graco Lovin' Hug swing. We love it. It was a little difficult to put together, but such a step-up from our previous swing. The swing adjusts to a full laying down position, which holds her much like a basinet, to slightly sitting up, to completely sitting up. She loves napping in it (we already tried it out)!





I am working on a few more posts, including one about the new CoddleLife bottle, sustainablebabyish fitted diapers, Thirsties covers, and night time cloth diapering!

No comments: