Monday, April 26, 2010

Mornings


I love mornings. It is the only time of the day that it is truly just me and the baby. No running around, no distractions, no phone calls to make or emails to answer. Mornings are a time just for us, and I cherish every moment of it.

I wake up to the sound of her stirring and scooting around her bed. I roll out of bed and sleepily make my way to her room, turn on the light, and lean over the side of her bed. I am always greeted with the biggest smile and some coos. I love this moment. The moment she realizes, "mommy has come to get me!"

I change her diaper and sing songs to her. She giggles and smiles and gurgles back at me. She honestly never has minded getting her diaper changed, and I really love these moments too. A lot of babies squirm and make it a huge hassle. I actually look forward to a poopy diaper so I can lay her down on her changing table and discuss the days events with her.

I put her pjs back on her and we head down the stairs. We greet the dog with a happy "good morning!" and proceed on to the kitchen. I mix up some breakfast, Good Start Gentle Plus in a Born Free bottle, her favorite! I grab a cup of tea for myself, and we make our way to the living room. I turn on the tv, Nick Jr of course, and we settle into the couch.

She loves watching Blue's Clues in the morning, and it has become of my new routine. I often look at the clock when she wakes up and think "oh no! It's 7:30! She missed an episode of Blue's Clues!

Anyway, these mornings are so precious and I am so happy that I am able to share these with her. I will tell her about them years from now. "We used to watch cartoons every morning. You would enjoy a bottle and I'd sip on tea as we watched Blue and Steve discover new things and teach us about colors and shapes!" She will proceed to roll her eyes, embarassed that I remember such a thing. But I will smile and think.... where did those mornings go?

I hope we always have our mornings. I hope life doesn't take them away from us. No phone calls, no emails, no "I'm going to be late!" Just mornings, breakfast, and us.




Morning are also full of fantastic discoveries!

7 comments:

CaneWife said...

That's so nice.

Turtle loves Blue's Clues too, and I would think the same thing if he slept late. Fortunately, we can DVR so we only have to skip over the icky Joe ones. :)

Enjoy your morning!

Erika said...

Yeah what is up with Joe??? hahaha We are total Steve fans!

Sal said...

This blog is adorable, and so are you!

Thanks for entering the contest. I'm excited to be following you now :)

Unknown said...

Love it!

K's jeans are adorable. :)

Erika said...

Her jeans are from the Gap! We love their baby jeans!

Rashel said...

you made tear up! now that scout is a week from turning 2 i realize how fast those sweet mornings went by. man. makes me want another baby!!!

The Mommyologist said...

This makes me so nostalgic for when my son was a baby!! We used to do a similar routine...and sometimes I really miss him being little and sitting in my arms like that! Enjoy every minute!