Saturday, April 10, 2010

Dear Baby Jesus, save us from teething

I really had no idea when babies began to teeth. I assumed it wasn't until much later, but I think we may be stumbling upon the beginnings of it.

Kirsten has been out of control cranky lately. She is usually really happy during the day, but as the day goes on, she gets more and more fussy.

Not to mention, she is in love with chewing on her hands! She can't hold onto toys quite yet, so her hands have to do for now. And boy oh boy does she get mad when she can't figure out how to stuff her entire fist inside her mouth! The amount of drool on her shirts now is astounding. We go through probably two outfit changes a day, due to her being absolutely soaked!

I try to give her a toy, and put it in her mouth for her, but she squirms and wants no part of it. She wants her fist, and nothing else!

In preparation of teething I went ahead and bought a lot of teething toys, like the rings you can put in the fridge and felt toys for her to suck on, and of course, Sophie the Giraffe is on its way!

Don't know who Sophie is? Well she is, by far, the most talked about teething toy. She is a rubber giraffe that is small enough for the baby to hold. And she has plenty of parts that can be shoved in the mouth. I have heard about this toy for months, and finally am starting to feel the need for it.

You would think with my shopping habit we would already have her, but I decided to hold off and see how teething goes. After last night's scream fest, I hurried up and had her express shipped to the house. Please Sophie, get here soon!

3 comments:

Steph said...

ooh! Be prepared for fever and red bums!

Good luck! Can't wait to see the picture of her first tooth. :)

Happy Saturday!

Erika said...

haha!

Yeah we have all the bases covered. I have been reading up on it for weeks lol

Hopefully it won't be THAT bad? But I'm sure it'll be awful!

Amy said...

Poor thing.

Teething is not fun for either one of you.

I think the 1st 4 teeth were THE worst for us. I swear she started teething and 3 months later her first tooth came out. Not fun times.

She's too little for this, but when she's older, get those mesh feeder thingys and fill them with frozen fruits or ice. That's what saved my sanity.

I just bought Sofie. Olivia is probably too old for her now, but she still chews on her legs because her 4th molar is coming in.