Friday, April 16, 2010

My House, Welcome!

Some lovely ladies on Twitter decided to host a "Twitter House Party" and tour and I wanted to join in the fun! So folks, welcome to my home.....

We have lived here for almost a year. We bought it in June of last year, our first house!


The outside! We plan on changing the shudders and door colors! I really dislike the ugly green!





Welcome to the first room you would come across, the living room (Pete our shih-tzu wants to show you around)! We were so excited about that lime green color, and after living with it for a year, I am so ready to get rid of it! I really want to warm up the room and add some things to the wall. It looks so bare!




And now for the dining room and kitchen. I love our dining room, the colors and furniture work really well together. And I really love seeing her little high chair in the corner! Hopefully someday we can work on our kitchen, I'd love new counter tops!





This next room was the selling point for us when we bought the house, our sun room. We had permanent windows put in so it won't get cold and we could turn it into a real room. We love the hardwood floors and bar!
And as you'll notice, my husband's most prized possession, his Mario Lemieux picture and numbers from one of his jerseys!

Lets go upstairs.....


Here is Kirsten showing off our extremely plain bedroom. I plan to completely make it over soon!




Everyone's favorite room, the baby's room! I love Kirsten's room! And I included a photo of the pillow my aunt made her for her baptism!





Taking a look from the hallway to the third bedroom, or the "guitar room"
And of course a cute wedding photo!


Lets go to the basement and outside in the backyard!!



This is part of our basement. The other part is the laundry room and who really wants to see that? We are turning this into Kirsten's play room and another living room. I cannot wait to open those big windows this summer!!

finally, the backyard!




Do you see that? Yeah we have a green house attached to our house! So much fun right???



Thanks for visiting! Hope you enjoyed!! I will be sure to post updates and we do some changes around the house this summer!

Now go visit some other participating houses... Click here for a full list

14 comments:

Heidi - D said...

Oh for cute! I love your green house! Beautiful tree in the backyard also. Overall, adorable! Thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

I love your house!! It's so pretty! The sunroom is awesome, wish I had one.

Bekah said...

the greenhouse is awesome! Not that I would be able to grow2 anything in it, but Im sure you will!

Katherine Klegin said...

oh. my. goodness. i LOVE that greenhouse. cute house!! :)

The Mommy said...

wow @ the green house. So who has the green thumb? You or your husband?
and yes, I do love that high chair!!

Mommy Boots (formerly KarmaPearl) said...

Absolutely lovely!

The Ludwigs said...

Your dog is too cute! What part of Pittsburgh do you live in? Mommy went to Pitt!

Erika said...

Neither of us has a green thumb, but this summer I sure will try! I am really pumped about using the green house!

We live outside of Pittsburgh in Oakmont!


Thanks for the wonderful comments!

Anonymous said...

Such a lovely home! Thanks for the tour. I hear you about getting sick of your walls. We painted one red and it was fun for like five minutes... I cannot wait to get rid of it!
~andrea

The Wolfe LEgacy said...

You have a beautiful house!

Katie said...

I LOVE your backyard!

Unknown said...

Oh yeah, Kristen's room is my favorite. & I love that wedding picture. Cute, cute house

Tasha Lehman said...

I love that you have a greenhouse! What a unique thing to have!

beingzaraandzidan said...

Nice & a bright home. Love it! Keep it up!
Do visit my home at www.beingzaraandzidan.blogspot.com