Friday, April 16, 2010

Post Baby Body Update

I haven't done an update on how things are going post-baby as far as weight and getting slimmed down.

I decided today would be a good day to post about it because this morning my scale decided to play a really cruel joke. I honestly haven't gotten on the scale in weeks. I would probably say two week ago was the last time, so this morning was really just a shot in the dark. I stepped on the scale and it read "89.5" WHAT???? That can't be right! So I stepped on it again and got the same number! I decided I would hold Kirsten and see if we got different results, and it showed "99." Something is definitely wrong with our scale! When Todd gets home we will have to investigate this further!

Anyway, the true test is really just how I feel and what pants I can fit into, and honestly, I have been fitting very nicely in my size 2 pants, and some size 0 pants. I know, I get it, most women really struggle with their weight post-baby. I am in NO way posting photos or bragging about weight to discourage or put anyone down! I really never had any weight issues. I have always been small, and until recently, never really went above 105 lbs. So dealing with weight is something very new to me. I am so used to be extremely active, and being pregnant for 9 months really changed that, and I am just getting used to not snacking on McDonald's every day!

So here are some photos, because they are a better indicator of how well things have been going than just writing down some crazy numbers (seriously, 89 lbs? I'm not 12 years old!)



These two photos were taken this morning. Pete, my shih-tzu, decided he wanted to be apart of the photo shoot!


And just a reminder of what I looked like at 145 lbs (my end birth weight)!!!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

You look AWESOME!!! I still have 13 to go (I have PMS and all bets are off with eating healthy, so I haven't lost any in like 2 weeks!).

Erika said...

Thanks for the lovely comments!

Bekah said...

wow...dont you just hate when people dont even have the balls to use their name when they post.

Good work on losing the weight! You daughter is adorable, and all moms brag abou their babies...hello..their our babies!

lesa said...

I think you look terrific. I struggle with my weight, especially post-baby, but I am happy when others don't have the same problem:)

Steph said...

Great post.

Aside from the coward comment.

And seriously...anyone willing to say crap about a baby has something SERIOUSLY wrong about them.

I'm sorry you had to read that.

Kirsten is adorable, you are beautiful and it is CLEAR you love your baby girl. Try to not let that coward bother you.

Congrats on post baby body!!

xoxox

Erika said...

Just so everyone knows, I certainly am not letting one bad comment get to me! I really just brushed it off. It really makes no sense anyway haha!




But thank-you so so much for the kind comments. Seriously, I feel awkward posting photos saying "look at my post-baby bod!" when so many women out there are having such a hard time getting back to themselves after being pregnant.

It is such an emotional and physical rollercoaster. We can only be supportive of ALL mommies!

Rashel said...

oh my! it's always easy to be rude when you don't want to show your face! ridiculous!
you look great!

Jess said...

Dear Anonymous- Passive Aggressive much? I mean really, grow a pair and show your face.

Now that that's over with, you look hawt! You're 5 feet nothing right? So of course those tiny numbers don't shock me really... Shoow, baby's crying or I'd go on about how great you're doing!!!